- This skill builder is calculator permitted
- When finished click Quiz summary to make sure you have completed all questions
- Once you are satisfied that you’re done by clicking Finish Quiz.
- Check your answers in View questions
- This quiz gives immediate feedback.
0 of 20 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 20 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Algebra 0%
- Measurement 0%
- Number 0%
- Probability 0%
- Space 0%
- Statistics 0%
- Time 0%
|Table is loading|
|No data available|
1. QuestionCategory: Space
A map of a city centre is shown below.
In which direction is the Market from the Aviation building?CorrectIncorrect
- The direction of the Market from the Aviation building is down and to the left.
- West is left, and South is straight down. The direction of travel is in between.
2. QuestionCategory: Measurement
Arrange the following in order of length from shortest to longest.
(Click and drag the values to the correct position)
- 1.047 metres
- 475 millimetres
- 47 centimetres
- 0.457 metres
Use your knowledge of converting distances to change all measurements to metres.
3. QuestionCategory: Probability
Jasmine tosses a normal dollar coin four times. It lands showing a tail each time.
She tosses it a fifth time. Which of the following is true?CorrectIncorrect
- Remember, the probability is equal to what you want ÷ by the outcomes available.
- A coin has two outcomes-a head and a tail. Jasmine wants a tail, and there is only one tail.
- Each spin is separate. Previous results have no bearing on future spins.
4. QuestionCategory: Measurement
Jane bought 100 single stem roses for $1.50.
She sold 70 of them on the first day for $2.20 each and the remainder on the second day for $1 each.
Copy and paste the correct word and amount to complete the statement.
From the sale, Jane made a profit/loss of $4/$5/$20/$34.
Jane made a of .
- Jane spent ($1.50 x 100) on the roses.
- She sold 70 roses for a total of 70 x $2.20.
- She also sold the remaining roses for $1 x 30.
5. QuestionCategory: Time
My airline ticket from Perth to Broome shows:
What is the duration of my flight?CorrectIncorrect
Subtract the departure time from the arrival time.
6. QuestionCategory: Number
The ages of 48 members of a swimming club are listed in the table below.
What percentage of members are ten years old?CorrectIncorrect
To find the percentage we divide the frequency of 10-year-olds by the total and then multiply by 100.
7. QuestionCategory: Number
Terry, the electrician, charges a $100 call out fee plus $110 per hour while on the job.
He spends 4½ hours on the job.
What is the customer’s final bill?CorrectIncorrect
- Terry charges $100 to drive to the job plus $110 per hour on the job.
- 4½ hours on the job means Terry charges 4.5 x 110.
- Add the call out fee and the answer from step 2 to get the total charge.
8. QuestionCategory: Number
The petrol gauge shows three-quarters full.
The motorist tops up the tank by adding 12 litres.
How many litres does the tank hold when full?CorrectIncorrect
- If the fuel tank is ¾ full, then the motorist needs to add fuel to ¼ of the tank
- The motorist adds 12 litres of fuel to the ¼ tank.
- This means ½ a fuel tank is worth 24 litres so a full tank must be ? litres.
9. QuestionCategory: Space
Give the size of reflex ∠ABC.
- A reflex angle is an angle with a size greater than 180° and less than 360°.
- Subtract the angle shown in the picture from 360° to obtain the size of the reflex angle.
10. QuestionCategory: Space
Give the value of the unknown angle in this triangle.CorrectIncorrect
11. QuestionCategory: Number
Which number sentence is correct when the symbol Θ is replaced by 8?CorrectIncorrect
- Substitute 8 in place of the symbol for each equation.
- The correct choice will be the equation that has the left and right side the same amount.
12. QuestionCategory: Number
Samantha buys 25 litres of potting mix for $28.75.
Her friend Kylie buys a 10-litre bag. The cost per litre is the same.
How much does Kylie pay for her potting mix?CorrectIncorrect
- Find the cost of one litre by dividing the cost of the large bag by 25.
- Multiply your answer to step 1 by 10 to get the cost of the 10-litre bag.
13. QuestionCategory: Statistics
This graph shows the average life expectancy for males and females
in Australia from 1988 until 2006.
Which statement below is incorrect?CorrectIncorrect
Study the graph carefully and at relate what you see to the choices available.
14. QuestionCategory: Algebra
What will be the new position of P, if it is moved four places right and two places down?CorrectIncorrect
- All coordinates on a Cartesian plane (a pair of axes) are read x first, y second.
- A good way to remember is to walk across the hallway and up or down the stairs.
15. QuestionCategory: Measurement
A jug containing 2 litres of water is poured into five big glasses of capacity 180 millilitres
and six small glasses of capacity 100 millilitres.
How much water is left in the jug after the water has been poured?CorrectIncorrect
- The total poured from the jug is 5 x 180 + 6 x 100.
- Calculate the number of millilitres in 2 litres (remember 1 000 mls = 1 L).
- The amount remaining in the jug will be your answer from step 2 minus your answer from step 1.
16. QuestionCategory: Measurement
Greg’s block of land is shown below.
If the perimeter is 4.8 km, how long is the unknown side?CorrectIncorrect
- The perimeter is the distance around the outside of a shape.
- Add up the lengths given to you in the picture.
- Subtract your step 2 answer from 4.8 to find the remaining side.
17. QuestionCategory: Number
Lang bought a dozen eggs.
He used a quarter of them at breakfast and a third of them to bake a cake.
How many eggs did he have left?CorrectIncorrect
- A quarter of a dozen (12) can be found by dividing 12 by 4.
- A third of a dozen (12) can be found by dividing 12 by 3.
- The number of eggs left will be 12 minus answers to steps 1 and 2.
18. QuestionCategory: Measurement
Give the perimeter of this three-bedroom unit?CorrectIncorrect
- The perimeter is the distance around the outside of the shape.
- Add all horizontal and vertical lines to obtain the perimeter of the unit.
19. QuestionCategory: Number
Matt visits a sports store to purchase a baseball cap that is on sale with a 20% discount.
What will Matt pay for the cap?CorrectIncorrect
- Find 20% of $25 by multiplying 20 by 25 and dividing by 100.
- Subtract the answer you got in step 1 from $25.
20. QuestionCategory: Measurement
Two small stationery boxes are shown below.
The box on the left is a rectangular prism while the one on the right is a cube.
If both have the same volume, how long is the box on the left?CorrectIncorrect
- The volume of a box is found by multiplying the length by the width by the height.
- The cube has a height of 6 cm, a length of 6 cm and a height of 6 cm.
- The rectangular prism has a height of 4 cm, a width of 6 cm and an unknown height.
- What is the height if 6 x 6 x 6 has to equal 4 x 6 x H?