- This skill builder is non-calculator
- When finished click Quiz summary to make sure you have completed all questions
- Once you are satisfied that you are done click Finish Quiz.
- Check your answers in View questions
- This quiz gives immediate feedback.
0 of 20 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 20 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Measurement 0%
- Number 0%
- Probability 0%
- Space 0%
- Time 0%
|Table is loading|
|No data available|
1. QuestionCategory: Probability
Ali spins this spinner once.
What are the chances of Ali spinning a prime number?CorrectIncorrect
- There are five numbers on the spinner.
- A prime number is a number that has only two factors, one and itself.
- The chances of Ali spinning a prime number is the number of prime numbers ÷ 5.
2. QuestionCategory: Number
Below is a picture of 5 mooring buoys. All moorings are the same distance apart.
How far apart are buoys B and C?CorrectIncorrect
- It is 20 metres from Buoy A to buoy E and there are four spaces. (A to B, B to C, C to D and D to E).
- Find the value of each space by dividing the total distance by the number of spaces.
3. QuestionCategory: Measurement
The diagram of a bench top with twin sinks is shown below.
What is the distance (d) from the edge of the sink to the end of the bench?CorrectIncorrect
- The total length of the twin sink top is 5 metres. Therefore half of the top is 2.5 metres.
- If the left sink is 1.5 metres in diameter then either side of the left sink is equal to ((2.5 – 1.5) ÷ 2).
- (2.5 – 1.5) ÷ 2 = d
4. QuestionCategory: Number
Here is a picture of a car park.
What fraction of the car park has empty bays?CorrectIncorrect
- There are 14 bays available. Four of the bays are empty.
- Therefore the fraction of bays available in the car park is the number of empty bays ÷ total number of bays.
- You may have to simplify your fraction.
5. QuestionCategory: Number
An advertisement for Accommodation at a jazz festival is shown below.
If Chris sleeps in his campervan at a Tent site for 3 nights, what will he pay?CorrectIncorrect
- Under the heading TENT SITES, it states Bring your campervan and stay for $15 a night.
- Chris is planning on staying for three nights.
6. QuestionCategory: Time
Daphne lives in Bathurst and needs to be in Sydney for a job interview by 3 pm.
What is the time of the latest train that Daphne can catch to be on time?CorrectIncorrect
- Bathurst departure times are displayed in the third row.
- Arrival times in Sydney are displayed in the bottom row.
- All times are listed in 24-hour time. Be aware 3 pm is 15:00.
- Daphne needs to be in Sydney before 15:00.
- Choose the closest arrival time to 15:00 in Sydney and then scroll up to find the departure time from Bathurst.
7. QuestionCategory: Number
Ruth visited the local bakery and spent $20.
She bought half a dozen cupcakes at 50c each, a packet of bread rolls for $5,
a packet of doughnuts for $4 and some eclairs at $1 each.
How many eclairs did she buy?CorrectIncorrect
- A half a dozen cupcakes cost $3; bread rolls cost $5 and the doughnuts $4.
- The total spent is $12.
- Amount of money left to spend on eclairs is $8 ($20- $12).
8. QuestionCategory: Number
An ice cream van charges $4 for an ice cream cone.
If the customer wants it dipped in chocolate, there is an extra 50 cent charge.
Which of the following expressions would give me the cost of
five plain ice creams and four ice creams dipped in chocolate?CorrectIncorrect
- The customer is buying nine ice creams at $4 each.
- The customer also has to pay an extra four lots of 50 cents for the chocolate dip.
9. QuestionCategory: Number
Bertha is travelling to the United States where the Australian dollar is worth 75 cents US.
If she changes $100 Australian into US dollars how much will she receive in US dollars?CorrectIncorrect
- Every Australian dollar is worth 75 US cents.
- Multiplication can be used to find any amount of US money by multiplying Australian dollars by 0.75.
10. QuestionCategory: Number
A florist is making up bunches of roses for a wedding. Each bunch has 6 roses.
If there are 150 roses, how many bunches will the florist make?CorrectIncorrect
To find the number of bunches we need to divide the number of roses by six.
11. QuestionCategory: Number
The results of an interschool athletics carnival are listed below.
Eastern Hills 1311
How many points separated the first placed team from the fourth-placed team?CorrectIncorrect
Subtract the fourth-placed team from the winning team’s score.
12. QuestionCategory: Number
If 3/10 equals 0.3 as a decimal, then what is 3/20 as a decimal?CorrectIncorrect
If 3/10 = 0.3, then 3/20 will be half of 3/10.
13. QuestionCategory: Number
Karen has a rule for her pattern, “Double the previous number and subtract 2”.
Which is Karen’s pattern?CorrectIncorrect
Test the rule ‘Double the previous number and subtract 2′ for each alternative until you have the correct one.
14. QuestionCategory: Number
Sarah removes six eggs from this carton to make an omelette.
What fraction of the carton remains?CorrectIncorrect
- Find the number of eggs remaining in the carton.
- Find the number of eggs in the carton when full.
- The fraction remaining is the answer to part 1 over the answer to part 2.
- You may have to simplify your fraction.
15. QuestionCategory: Number
What number when put in place of the question mark (?) will make this equation true.
? + 8 ÷ 2 = 10CorrectIncorrect
Remember the rule of order (BIMDAS) when solving this problem.
16. QuestionCategory: Space
Which 2-dimensional picture represents the front view of the model?CorrectIncorrect
View the 3-dimensional shape from the arrow to find the correct 2-dimensional shape.
17. QuestionCategory: Number
The ingredients to make a container of Play-Dou are listed below:
Edith wants to make four containers. How many cups of flour will she need?CorrectIncorrect
- Consult the list of ingredients for the amount of flour needed.
- To make four containers of Play-Doh Edith will need to multiply the amount by four.
18. QuestionCategory: Time
Sunrise tomorrow will be at 5:30 am and, sunset at 6:05 pm.
How many hours and minutes of sunlight will there be?CorrectIncorrect
Count from 5:30 am to 6:05 pm.
19. QuestionCategory: Number
The year 9 classes at a school collected cans for recycling.
The table shows the mass each class collected.
Which class collected the greatest total mass?CorrectIncorrect
- Add all four classes to obtain the total collected over the two weeks.
- Choose the class with the greatest amount.
20. QuestionCategory: Number
Drag and drop the following amounts to their correct position.
The smallest amount at the bottom through to the largest value at the top.
Simplify 8² and 8×2 before ordering all four values with the smallest at the bottom through to the largest at the top.